REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Macro Flowers Saturday....a promise of a rose

Today is Saturday, and that means "Macro Flowers Saturday."

It's nearing mid-October, so I find it unusual that one of my potted rose bushes has 7 buds on it.  After all, it's fall, and we've had some recent night temperatures in the 30's.  But my roses are protected on my back porch--where they've been all spring and summer-- because the deer love to eat them.   It was exciting to see the rose buds and to anticipate another blooming.   It's a lavender floribunda variety of rose.    ( The water drops were extra! You can see them more clearly by clicking the photo.)

5 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love bud shots. This is fantastic.

Carol said...

:) Beauty yet to come.

Mackenzie said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous photo!

Judy said...

The raindrops are such a nice addition! My miniature roses are still blooming, but I do not think they have any more buds on them...

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Wonderful capture. Have a great weekend.