REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, November 19, 2010

Ice on the Candytuft

Time for another Macro Flower Saturday and I'm running out of subjects.  Last week, I bought flowers to photograph and this morning I went out in 20-degree weather to photograph frosty foliage and found tiny flowers on the evergreen perennial Candytuft---with icy decorations.     Candytuft grows in an old whiskey barrel near my back door, and the deer love it, especially in the spring.   If they allow it to bloom, it is loaded with tiny white flowers all summer long.    I'm not sure why there are flowers now, because winter is definitely on the way!

Each flower measures just 1/4 of an inch across


5 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Wow, these are so cute and special with that frost. what great shots.

Maia said...

Lovely compositions and beautiful shots.
What an amazing contrast between the flower buds and snow.

Ashley Sisk said...

That's so beautiful. I think my husband was picking up some flowers today so I may have to photograph them. :)

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I am enjoying your frosty shots. It is disappointing when the flower season comes to an end. There is always fresh florals or houseplants now.

Rosie Grey said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, Evelyn, I love those photos!