REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, December 31, 2010

Macro...macro..macro

     Santa brought me another camera....the Canon PowerShot sx200 that Laura uses on Blogging from Bolivia.   Macro Friday always showcases such beautiful close-ups, beginning with Laura's.  My goal is to take similar macro shots, but I'm struggling a bit.  It's under 20 degrees F outside, and I'm not a fan of cold weather.  Indoors, my house is rather dark for macro.
     My subject is a Christmas gift.  My 90-year-old mother went through her vintage jewelry pieces---some inherited, some purchased---and put 5 of them in plain green envelopes.  Then she numbered the envelopes and had her 3 daughters and 2 daughters-in-law each choose an envelope.   My gift is a long double chain with the most fascinating hand closure.  The piece that moves on the chain is a 'puffy' leaf of some kind.

8 comments:

Jamie H said...

Beautiful. I would have to agree, the SX200 does beautiful macro shots! Of course, the photographer has to be half-way decent too :)

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

That is gorgeous! My Mom has a similar piece that belonged to my great aunt Mary, ( who always made me think of Coco Chanel). What a lucky gift for you. Congrats on your new camera. I would say that you are learning well and very quickly!

Susan said...

What a lovely photo and lovely gifts! I love the unique jewelery and I know I'd love the camera!

Buckeroomama said...

That is so sweet of your grandma... and that chain is lovely. And very special, too. :)

Happy new year!

Angel Rogers said...

I like your vignetting and the subject. Very nice :)

Justine said...

what a beautiful gift and I love the hand clasp, it is a really beautiful heirloom.

bettyl said...

Wow, that looks like it's quite unique!

Margaret said...

I am very taken with the hand clasp. I wrote a poem entitled "Mother's Pearls Remembered". It is on my sidebar under my Magpie Challenge Poems. You might like it. Enjoy the heirloom - I just love old jewelry!