REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, May 16, 2011

Creative Exchange in pink

The flowers...mums from Colombia...are pinkish-lavender, actually, but I've accentuated the pink today for Lisa's Creative Exchange.  When I saw her fabulous macro trillium image, I was inspired to run outside to try some macro of my own.  The problem: it was still raining.  A bigger problem:  I really don't have any flowers budding, let along blooming. (Also, I don't think I could accomplish such a fabulous macro, anyway!)    So back inside to the flowers I bought myself yesterday.

 softened and matted in Picnik


"champagne" overlay from Life-n-Reflection

another "champagne" overlay 




15 comments:

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Love this! So soft and delicate looking.

TexWisGirl said...

the topside looks like little fingers reaching out and curling up.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Oh ... the light! The light is everything.

joco said...

So subtle
So clean
Bet you were pleased with the result.
Champagne texture. No bubbles -)

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
the soft colors are stunning!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is stunning Evelyn!! Such amazing light after the overlay. Simplicity at its best!

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Evelyn, you are doing beautiful macro work with these flowers.

genie said...

I cannot believe I am really seeing these gorgeous shots. You are an awesome photographer. These macros are out of these world. Thanks for such a stunning post.

urban muser said...

beautiful and delicate. i love that last one.

Pat said...

Gorgeous images!

Rosie Grey said...

What an explosion of pink, especially in the first photo, Evelyn! So gorgeous! And the light and angle of the other two is fantastic!

Ms. Becky said...

these are extraordinary. dreamy delicious.

gina said...

Wow! These are both so beautiful! I love the shades of pink -- such a happy color! Well done!

Anna said...

Gorgeous captures! Flowers and the color pink - two of my favorites:)

minor said...

Very beautiful. It was lucky for me sharing Lisa's The creative exchange.