REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, September 9, 2011

Challenge One -- Photo Art Friday

Bonnie of Pixel Dust Photo Art has started a new weekly challenge, Photo Art Friday:


Links to Photo Art Friday can include:

*  any photograph  -  straight from your camera or processed in a photo-editing program  - landscape, still life, portrait, macro, abstract, composite, mosaic, textured, grunge, industrial, urban, digitalized, wildlife, painterly, collage, etc., etc., etc. -  that you feel looks like art - that you would want to frame and display in your home, for example...
No links will ever be judged or challenged on their artistic viability. 



This particular section of railroad tracks is at the edge of our little rural town, and I often stop to take a photograph.   I've used sepia, vintage, and "dry" textures, but decided to do a little color today. 



Nelly Nero Bleak World
PDPA Blue Me Away at soft light 100%
Duplicate layer  44% 
Flatten layers
Nelly Nero Milk at 50%
Pioneer Woman Edge Burn at 36%

20 comments:

Laura lok said...

beautitful I love the treatment you did on these

Reena said...

Very lovely, Evelyn. I'm always drawn to railroad tracks and paths ... I wonder where they may lead!

Lynne with an e said...

I love how you caught the bend in the tracks, leading on but we don't know just where or how far. The textures you applied lend a haunting sort of feeling to the picture and lovely tones that are hard yet soft at the same time. Intriguing.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Lovely editing. It pulls me right in and I want to see what is around that bend.

Thank you so much for sharing this piece with Photo Art Friday, for your link, and your encouragement and enthusiasm.

Ida said...

How lovely. The techniques you used are so nice. See this is what I want to learn. I love the soft feel this has. - Hey I decided to put a photo of mine that I took today on the Photo Art Friday as well. Nothing real fancy but still a nice photo, I think. Thanks for inspiring me.

Nancy said...

Excellent capture and texturing Evelyn -- reminds me of the old photographs from the 40s -- nicely done. :)

Unknown said...

Ooooh! That's very nice!

Unknown said...

Oooh very nice!

Nadege, said...

You tell a good story with this image, I wonder what is around the bend and where the tracks can take me. Wonderful edit.

Meri said...

Love the color treatment and the way the tracks approach the vanishing point and then bend.

Team Tabby said...

Oh, this one is nostalgic for me, our tracks have all been taken up and gone. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Kathy said...

It's gorgeous. I love this shot and the creative editing you did. Perfect for Photo Art Friday :D

Bright blessings,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Yep yep, love the color & i esp like the bend in the distance... really draws ya into the shot

great weekend =)

Jimh. said...

I like this! The blue or cyan just makes it feel like the railroad magazines my father used to read. LIKE LIKE LIKE!

helena said...

fabulous composition and love the moody colour that you added

Roan said...

The perspective is amazing as is the treatment. Love it!

Margaret said...

RR tracks are wonderful photo topics... is it because of the journey ahead, the nostalgia of them? I don't know, but you really captured both. My dad once caught deer grazing on them. Keep it up! :)

Marilyn said...

Some nice texture and action work here. Great editing.

Ms. Becky said...

this reminds me of a vintage postcard. I love the light, and everything about it. happy day to you Evelyn.

Gail Dixon said...

This is wonderful! You took full advantage of the vanishing point that makes such a splendid subject. I love the blue and green tones, too.