REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rural Cemetery Trees



I am rural...I live in a rural community...in a rural part of Oregon.    I can be really rural with just a short drive, actually---gravel and mud roads, farm fields, cattle, etc., etc.    Our community's cemetery is just a little over a mile from town, and it's a place I often go when I need to find something to photograph.   For my Rural Thursday blog hop choice, I drove to the cemetery.  It was 43 degrees,but when I got out of my car, the wind was whipping.  It was cold!    I really needed to lie down or at least sit at the base of the tree to photograph upwards.  It just wasn't going to happen!

Rural Thursday, Project52

16 comments:

Sandra said...

I love the bare trees without their leaves.

I know what you mean by not wanting to lie down on the ground to be able to photograph upwards from below!

TexWisGirl said...

i like the starkness of this.

Jan n Jer said...

Looks like a cold day!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Brrrr - you were smart not to bother laying down!

Nancy said...

42 and wind is not a good combo -- good for you for getting out and taking this photo, Evelyn! You are a trooper. :)

Pat said...

Cemeteries contain good photo subjects. I like the bare tree branches.

Unknown said...

Love the tones in this!

Angie said...

Dang! It's COLD where you are. You are a photographer through and through to get out in that kind of weather! Kudos to you! And I love the angle at which you shot this fabulous tree. Just look at all those lovely branches and sky. Really cool! :)

Laura @ Green Legacy Farm said...

Love your photos! Photogrpahy is one of my hobbies, but I don't get to do as much as I would like.

Thanks for stopping by Green Acres!

Angel said...

I love the contrast. Great going on getting out in the cold weather! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Angel

Charade said...

In spite of not wanting to lie down, you sure found a nice perspective.

SquirrelQueen said...

Trees are one of my favorite subjects for photographs, I love the perspective of this shot.

Bridget Larsen said...

Boy thats one spooky tree, they must plant them to go with the surroundings

Margaret said...

I LOVE tree branches in the winter! I need to go out and shot me some. :)

Nancy said...

So much character in bare trees. Love this.

Laura said...

Love this silhouette. I never tire of looking at trees, I find them beautiful whatever the season.