REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Goldfinches Have Visitors for Dinner!

Finally, the American Goldfinches have returned to my feeders after avoiding me for several months.   Although I used to spend way too much money on Nyjer thistleseed, the little birds switched over to the sunflower seeds.  Now there are both types of seeds there.....and the Evening Grosbeaks have arrived.   What a noisy crew!   The two species seem to get along just fine with each other, but the grosbeaks are a contentious lot among their own kind.


Males outnumber the female at this feeder, which is also the squirrels' favorite feeder.

"Back off, Woman!!"

"I much prefer eating alone."


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back off woman!! Ha...perfect! Fun processing!

TexWisGirl said...

so cool to get the grosbeaks! i've only seen a rose-breasted pass thru here briefly. :)

Candy C. said...

Great pictures! Your comment on the second one cracked me up!! LOL!!

Reena said...

It does seem a lot of bickering is beginning at the feeders. Love this time of year. The male finches yellow is starting to brighten up.

Angie said...

Ha hah! "Back off, woman!" LOL... ;)

Sweet little birds and I love the artsy processing!

Anonymous said...

The Evening Grosbeaks are lovely birds. I wouldn't mind them at my feeder.

Hetty said...

Oh wow, Evelyn, what great bird pictures! I am glad i paid your blog a visit!!