REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Out In the Sticks for Rural Thursday

Cricket Flat is a large territory just northeast of our little town.  It's noted for old homesteads and a serious lack of water.  Many of the residents who live there drive pickups with huge plastic water tanks on the back year-round.  Not for me!  But it's an interesting place to wander around...there are named roads intersecting everywhere, and I finally have them figured out (I've lived here for only 36 years!).   There are some totally junky places, too.  But where there is junk, there might be an old vehicle.   (This flatbed pickup truck has been edited with Topaz Adjust, primarily  the HDR feature.)


It's RURAL THURSDAY again..... I'll have to miss next week because my husband and I will be in Brooklyn, NY with our oldest son for 5 days and the following weekend with our youngest son in Portland, OR.




22 comments:

Mona's Picturesque said...

Evelyn, these pictures are perfect! Looks so great!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That's a neat old truck- I love the editing on that first one- pretty!

Beth in NC said...

This is my first time joining the blog hop! I'm so excited to be here. I love the photos! You did a beautiful job!

Have a great day!
Beth

Eat To Live said...

I can remember riding in trucks that were similar to this when I was younger. I think they were rusty then too.

Tanya Breese said...

boy oh boy i love these photos!!

Charade said...

That must have been one shiny red truck, and I love the extra punch that gives the rust. Great capture and processing.

Amy Burzese said...

One of my favorites! Old vehicles! Thanks for sharing them!

Ross said...

Fantastic shots! Have a great time on your trips! Happy Easter by the way!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a cool old truck! Thanks for linking up today. Enjoy your trips next week.

EG CameraGirl said...

This old truck is a fantastic find. Sooo photogenic!

Veronica said...

WOW!!! Those are GORGEOUS!!! Great find and I love the edits!! How can anyone not love the character of old trucks?!

TexWisGirl said...

LOVE that first shot! gorgeous hunk o' rust!

Anonymous said...

Great edits of this wonderful old truck!

Candy C. said...

OMG Evelyn, that is one of the coolest looking old trucks I have ever seen! I love the front end, the wing windows, the split windshield, the wooden bed...just everything!
Have fun visiting with your boys! :)

Deanna said...

LOVE that old truck, great editing!!

Nancy said...

Very artsy. Especially that last photo. Like a very cool painting.

Nancy said...

Loving the different angles and editing...

Thank you for sharing with Rural Thursday, Evelyn, and have a great time with your boys. :)

Ida said...

Wonderful shots the first and last shots are just amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I love the processing.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, great views. what a great old vehicle. (:

Tricia said...

Oh, I love these! What great edits. I hope you have a good trip :)

Connie said...

Wow,your photography is exhilarating!
You have a great handle on composition and your subject matter is captivating. Do you use Photoshop or do you have another program for the artistic features? Beautiful and powerful, I love your work. Your newest follower, Connie :) Come on over for a visit, who knows you may decide to follow me too. Have a wonderful day, and keep doing your magic.