REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Needles and Cones in Black and White

(I continue to add my rural images to beautiful wedding photos on this meme!)  Pine trees of various species are common where I live...even in the city limits.  Half a block from my front door is a tree that is 50-60 feet tall.   My choice for Black and White Wednesday is an image of  pine branches.  This tree is special: In 1961, I brought home a pine seedling that was a dance favor from a college fraternity dance.  I planted it in the cold of November at Thanksgiving, never thinking it would really grow.  But it did!  It is at least 40 feet tall and is at a front corner of my childhood house.   ;-)


5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like the simplicity!

Unknown said...

I always want to take these pine branch pictures in silhouette, but I never can find the right composition that I like. Good job!!

Carole M. said...

beautiful and a matching haiku would compliment a tad further.

Candy C. said...

Oh, Evelyn, how FUN that it is YOUR tree!! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely image!