REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pretty Painted Pony

I love my Painted Ponies..."artsy" horses designed by talented artists for a public art project that originally featured life-size acrylic horse sculptures.  The natural follow-up was a series of collectible figures, 14 of which are on a shelf in my living room.  It's all the space I have right now.  The photo was edited with Nancy's "Painted Skies" (sorry...but I flattened layers before writing down the number) -- two layers at soft light-- all for Tuesday Muse.  Aren't these terrific textures??

"Anasazi Spirit Horse" 

However, one edit wasn't enough.  


Texture:  Painted Skies 4 -- multiply x2, reduced opacity
Texture: Painted Skies 6 -- multiply and soft light (image was edited with the Orton technique first)

20 comments:

Marie said...

I really love the second one! Very creative!

Carole M. said...

fabulous results with your painted ponies Evelyn

Terri said...

Love all three edits- very nice!

Jeanne said...

Great shots! and love your processing on these! Shows all of the grace and power of the horse, and lovely artwork.

Robyn G said...

Yes, Nancy's textures are fun. Looks like you enjoyed playing with different edits.

The Horse it's self is a beauty!

Ranch Wife Robyn

TexWisGirl said...

what a neat collection to have!

abrianna said...

I too like the second one - like the colors.

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Oh, wow, I love those textures! That first one is so amazing with the creamy tones and hints of color. The horses are so unique and decorative. I love those, too!

Linda R said...

WOW!! I just love your editing. These look great..

Linda/patchwork said...

Lovely editing.

The horse is quite lovely, too.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

What a fun group. I really like the second one. Nice use of Nancy's textures.

Candy C. said...

I LOVE your pony and how you used Nancy's textures! :)

bailey-road.com said...

Love your painted ponies!

Nancy Claeys said...

Would love to see more of your collection Ev -- this one is beautiful. xo

Bridget Larsen said...

Such a handsome horse

Lisa Gordon said...

Evelyn, these are gorgeous!
Such an amazing amount of detail in their design.

Gracie O'Tripp said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Anne Payne said...

I love them all! The painted horses are fabulous. I've never seen anything like that. Thanks for sharing your treasures :)

edenhills said...

That is a pretty figure. I like all the edits.

Emily S said...

I love that last edit! What a pretty pony!