REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, June 3, 2013

Above the Valley

It's too easy to live in an area for a lifetime and see only a small part of it.  Because I live in one of the many beautiful areas of Oregon, I can enjoy mountains, streams and rivers, trees--and amazing valleys.  The Grande Ronde Valley is 20 miles long and 5 miles wide, supposedly the second-largest valley enclosed by mountains in the world. One the west side of the valley is part of the Blue Mountains range, including 6000+ ft Mt. Emily, with the rim accessible by vehicle on a one-lane dirt road.  The view from there is always wonderful, but the colors on the afternoon of June 2 were out of this world.




11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! gorgeous!

Gail Dixon (La.Belle) said...

Ah, such majestic beauty. I miss Oregon and wish I could live there with my daughter. A nature lover's paradise!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Stunning photos. Thanks for taking us along.

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow that is beautiful, what down in the valley..farms?

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

That second shot is amazing Evelyn! Beautiful.

Michelle said...

Really just amazing! What a view!

Karen Frost said...

Spectacular scenery! I lived in the Willamette Valley for 4 years and miss it still. Oregon is truly beautiful! xoxo

Kerry said...

Beautiful. I live in the Willamette valley, but I love going east. Just gorgeous.

Candy C. said...

What a beautiful view and the clouds make it even prettier! :)

bailey-road.com said...

Fabulous views!

Helene Titsch said...

Outstanding! What beautiful country surrounds you!