REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, June 3, 2013

Above the Valley

It's too easy to live in an area for a lifetime and see only a small part of it.  Because I live in one of the many beautiful areas of Oregon, I can enjoy mountains, streams and rivers, trees--and amazing valleys.  The Grande Ronde Valley is 20 miles long and 5 miles wide, supposedly the second-largest valley enclosed by mountains in the world. One the west side of the valley is part of the Blue Mountains range, including 6000+ ft Mt. Emily, with the rim accessible by vehicle on a one-lane dirt road.  The view from there is always wonderful, but the colors on the afternoon of June 2 were out of this world.




10 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Ah, such majestic beauty. I miss Oregon and wish I could live there with my daughter. A nature lover's paradise!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Stunning photos. Thanks for taking us along.

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow that is beautiful, what down in the valley..farms?

Nancy said...

That second shot is amazing Evelyn! Beautiful.

Michelle said...

Really just amazing! What a view!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Spectacular scenery! I lived in the Willamette Valley for 4 years and miss it still. Oregon is truly beautiful! xoxo

Kerry said...

Beautiful. I live in the Willamette valley, but I love going east. Just gorgeous.

Candy C. said...

What a beautiful view and the clouds make it even prettier! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous views!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! What beautiful country surrounds you!