1. My elderly mother is enjoying the foster care at this point. She and a long-time resident chatter like young girls and sleep well at night. We had to order a bed alarm because Mother got herself into the wheelchair and was heading to the bathroom when the caregivers heard her. She "didn't want to disturb anyone." (She's 93 with two broken bones in her left leg!)
2. My longtime friend from our college years has gone back into chemotherapy because her "cancer markers" are going up. She responded well to chemo two years ago, but it's just waiting for "the other shoe to drop," in my way of thinking. My local SU demo has had two bouts of cancer and her markers are increasing, as well. I feel guilty for my health.
3. Just a few more days and our eldest son will be home for a month..."sabbatical" from his work as a chef in Brooklyn. He actually left the position and will not return to it. Spain is in his plans for spring.
4. Today, I took two great-nieces on a brief photo walk: one is 13 and one is 4 1/2. Both used nice point-and-shoots that belong to me. The wind cut our time short, so we'll go another day.
5. We had a hard frost two nights ago after weeks of temperatures above 80; in the high mountains, it snowed at 6000 feet. The fog hanging over the river was beautiful to photograph. It would be nice to have a gradual transition between seasons...but sometimes we feel as if there is no real fall. We'll see.