1. Today was the first day I didn't feel guilty about enjoying the sunshine and temperatures above 50! I'm a farm girl, and I know that this part of the country NEEDS winter, including snow and cold weather. We haven't had it this year---just about 10 days of snow at Christmas. But today, it's the first week of March, and I know it's nearing the official "spring."
2. Today was also a FroYo day with my three youngest great-nieces. We drove to "town" to enjoy that frozen dessert and some of the too-many toppings to increase the weight on the scale at the cash register. I love this time with these girls, ages 5, 10, and 12.
3. This morning, my youngest brother stopped by with a few hundred dollars in cash---it was my "heir share" of the sale of my late mother's trusty Dodge Caravan. It was a bittersweet memory of my independent mother who lost her driving rights at 93 when she had some kind of "spell" and her doctor said, "Enough."
4. Early this morning, I made my regular 2-mile walk, this time with earbuds and music on my phone. The walks have grown very boring, but country music makes the time seem shorter. I don't start walking until the temperature gets above 35, so I don't shower and dress until after---that means I walk in old sweats and the baggiest of hooded sweatshirts. (I still put a BB cream on my face and eye makeup, which I've worn since I was 15!)
5. The walking is good for me, but I am also very aware that I MUST do something about the belly fat that has accumulated the last two years. Is 72 too late to do something about that? And just what is the best plan?