REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, July 6, 2015

Be Still_52 -- Another Painting-Inspired Still Life

For Be Still_52, we have a second week of creating a photo inspired by a painting.  As I was looking through Google's "still-life paintings," I was drawn to the bright blue of the bottles.  I once collected blue glass of all kinds: bottles, glasses, pitchers.  I still have some of those items, particularly the decorative bottles.

There was no identification of the artist who created this colorful painting.  I traced it back as far as I could, but could find no name.




The bottle in front is "vintage," but I don't know the origin.    I purchased some garlic and white mushrooms for props.

All the editing was done in Rad Lab, PS Elements (filter menu), and PicMonkey.





6 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

love these bottles, reminds me of old medicine bottles

Sandra said...

I love your composition of blue bottles inspired by the painting.

Anonymous said...

What a neat photo project. Love the result.

Anonymous said...

What a neat project. I love the result.

Unknown said...

The first one?
Truly one of your very, very best, Evelyn.
I think it is just gorgeous!

Petra Pavlátková said...

It's beautiful and inspiring and I love that resemblance between the painting and your image. Great work!