REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, January 11, 2019

Starting a new P52..two weeks late

For 5 years, I participated in Kent Weakley's P52 Challenge.  It involved posting one choice of photo each week for a year; at the end of each year from 2011-2015, I ordered a book of the 52 photos.  Mr. Weakley ended his blog challenge in 2016, and I ended my annual photo book creation.  I've decided to do my own P52 Challenge for 2019, starting just a bit late. My first post will include two photos.

Week #1   A drive across Cricket Flat north of town last week resulted in this image of a split rail fence piled in snow.




Week #2  I love photographing trees, and I have several "favorites"--they are quite close to home. This particular one is about 25 miles from home, in the valley where I grew up.  This tree once had a huge wooden barn standing close to it, but that collapsed years ago.  I love how the cattle provide scale for this giant pine tree. 






4 comments:

Bill said...

Both lovely! Well done!

Electric | Journal said...

Nice! I so envy the wild country around you... and your snow. We came close a few days ago, but a storm brought in wet, warm temperatures. Sigh.

Leslie Miller said...

Your photography is amazing and your books must be spectacular. #2 takes my breath away. A blue/white landscape with just the tree bark for contrast and it happens to coordinate beautifully with the rusty brown of the Herefords. Lots of wonderful shadows in your first photo. Nothing says "country" like a split rail fence. I'll be looking forward to the results of your self-challenge, Evelyn!

Barb said...

Hi Evelyn! I love that huge tree shot. The steers look like little playthings. I'm thinking a lot about negative space in the new year. I like what you've showcased here.