REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, November 4, 2019

Oregon's Historic Highway 30 ---with a "painterly" eye

From Troutdale, just east of Portland, Highway 30 runs along the mountains above the Columbia River and above I-84, the only west-east freeway in the state.   It twists and turns and provides a beautiful view of the area.  I was able to photograph fall along the highway, only to discover my photos were all "soft."  I blame it on a new lens I use, which has disappointed me with focusing from the beginning.  So I chose some of my favorite views and edited them with Topaz's Impression 2, a "paint" effect.  I can capture the color but not the details, unfortunately.



The view west 

 The view east

 Looking into Washington state across the Columbia
 Latourelle Falls
 Beautiful bridge work at Latourelle Falls
Most of the old highway features these wonderful white wooden guardrails.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I am impressed by these scenes and you have captured them so well. Bravo!!!

Bill said...

I certainly recognized all of the views! If you haven't done it, I recommend you do the old road between Mosier and The Dalles. Wonderful picture opportunities.

ClickNCamera said...

All are beautiful, though I love the shot of the bridge!

Ida said...

These were lovely. Fall is such a beautiful season.