REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Spring is here, I think!

More than two months without a post; I need to decide if  I'm going to maintain this blog (I don't do very well on my crafting one, either).  Blogs used to be "the thing" and I enjoyed them all so much.  I learned so much about the bloggers and was so inspired by their photos.  Now it's Instagram and some Facebook, and I don't interact the way I used to.  I miss it.   I know the internet is always changing and we rarely go back, so I'm resigning myself to the changes.  For the time being, I'm going to continue to post, although I might not be as consistent as I would like.  The Coronavirus will keep me inside most of the time for the next several weeks.

Since the end of November, I've had 3 surgeries...crazy because I consider myself extremely healthy for my 7+ decades of life.  As I write this, I am starting my third week of rehab after a hip replacement.  It is not progressing as rapidly as I thought it would.  A cane is my constant third leg.  It makes photography much more challenging.  My husband is a bossy nurse, but is always good about driving me around the country when I'm in a "photo mood."  Hopefully, as winter turns to spring, subjects will be more appealing.

The blog header features buttercups, always such a good sign after winter.  Farther north, the little mountain streams are still running fast, bordered in snow.




1 comment:

Bill said...

Be patient with yourself. It takes longer to heal as time goes by. Most of us are stuck at home these days-- WE're limiting exposure, but it still makes me get cabin fever....