REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Saturday, December 11, 2021

New Snow, New Phone

 December is almost half over, and I have not been outside with my camera!  There have been so many "LIFE" things happening, leaving no room for photography.  (I feel especially pressed because I subscribe to Chatbooks, which requires 30 photos per month at the end of each month for a 5x5 booklet.)  

My husband's 91-year-old mother decided she could no longer live alone after a bout of pneumonia that necessitated two days in the hospital.  She is legally blind and has been fairly isolated since giving up her driver's license more than 2 years ago.  Choosing assisted living and then making the move has consumed us for a month.  She now lives 20 miles away, too.  To add to the chaos, we are having our "front room" sheetrocked and painted, and new flooring installed.  I am exhausted trying to find temporary storage for furniture and "stuff."  

On our way home from getting a new phone for me and hardware for the kitchen update in late December, I told my husband to take the back road.  Finally, a photo opportunity!   And it was with my new phone. The late afternoon light was perfect for the fence on the snowbank above the road.  (I like this image enough to order a canvas....to add to my canvas "collection."  ;-)  




1 comment:

Bill said...

As well you should! It's a beauty. The new phones are incredible. It's a picture that anyone one would be proud of.