REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Thursday, May 4, 2023

More Birds....the Transitory Type

 Spring often means the migrating birds stop for a while.   The White Pelicans generally stay in the area most of the summer, finding quiet sheltered streams or wide bends in the Grande Ronde River.  As for Sandhill Cranes, there are nesting sites south of here on a large marshy wildlife preserve.  This is the first time I've seen the cranes nearby.  When I photographed them, I noticed the bands on their legs. The Oregon Fish and Wildlife will have the details there. 













1 comment:

Bill said...

I had no idea such birds were anywhere except coastal areas until I saw them on Klamath Lake. I was young and ignorant! Now I'm old and ignorant. Beautiful bids, and beautiful pictures. Interesting that these are banded.