REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Elephants and Flowers ... and Week #12 of P52

No more snow photos for the time being!  We went west for almost a week and returned to find actual bare ground!  There are snow drifts here and there (especially at the front of our house, which faces north and which is the recipient of snow from the snowblower).   In my last post, I said I would find something on the west side of the state to photograph, and I did.

First:  Week 12 of P52...   We went to the zoo!  I wish I could tell which female elephant this is, but I can't.  I did photograph Chendra, another female who was a rescue from Malaysia.  Her right eye is missing, making her easy to identify.  I will post other zoo photos later.




*********************************************************************************

Second: Although it wasn't really warm in Hillsboro, there was sunshine the first and third days. Trees were starting to flower and the nearby park's camellias were opening, too.  I even visited another park to capture some magnolias. When we return in two weeks, hopefully there will be more to photograph.







2 comments:

Barb said...

That sweet old elephant has skin like tree bark. (Mine might be getting that waya, too...) Your Header and blooms look very spring-like. Still too much snow here for me to even think about spring.

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderful, Evelyn! It must have made you so happy to photograph something other than a snow covered landscape, although I find those photos beautiful. We're all ready for a change in whatever region we live in! The camellias are so perfect. The rain makes them all rusty here. Beautiful markings on the elephants. They have so much character.