REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Sunday, February 20, 2011

8/52

The weeks are moving on, and I'm happy I'm not trying a 365 project!  My choice for Darcey's P52 is a photo I took this past week of a snowstorm rolling in over the mountains  west of the little town where I live.  I had been shopping 20 miles south in the Grande Ronde Valley and had started home when I saw the snow clouds swirling over the Blue Mountains. The size of the valley makes the mountains look small, but their summit is higher than 4500 feet.

7 comments:

jo said...

What incredible drama...
Very handsome shot.

Rosie Grey said...

Oh wow, what a great shot, Evelyn! I really can see those clouds moving! I wouldn't want to be caught in that storm!!

Brianne said...

I love it when clouds set the mood.

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Wow...very pretty! Love the clouds. :) Thanks for visiting me and for your comment!

Becky Sue said...

Wow, this is amazing! The clouds looks so powerful.

Rose said...

This is an absolute fantastic shot...I don't participate in Skywatch Friday any more, but this would make a great submission for it.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful scenery! Great photo.