REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Finds -- in Five Minutes

When I saw Kim's post inviting "Friday Finds," I decided that I must try it.  I picked up one of my compact cameras and spent 10 minutes within 10 feet of my back door.  (It's a challenge I love to take, and it helps me avoid doing what I should be doing right now!)

This "volunteer"  pale lavender columbine is blooming between the garage and an old pot-bellied stove that was here
long before we moved into this house 35 years ago.

More "volunteer" flowers---oxeye daisies, perhaps.  They pop up just about everywhere. 

A surprise this year, growing in the shade of a fence and peony plants:  spray roses which must be the original
rose used to graft a hybrid tea I planted at least 20 years ago and thought had winter-killed not long afterwards.  

The honeybees love the peonies; this is Coral Charm, a large, prolific peony that lives up to its name. 

6 comments:

Linda W. said...

What a great challenge! You got some great shots. I'll have to try this too (when I get home from work that is...)

Karla @Art Whisper said...

What a great collection of Finds....

Unknown said...

Terrific finds! I love flowers that volunteer!

Margaret said...

Coral Charm is fantastic!

Nancy said...

So much beauty around you Evelyn. I love the color of that peony!

Anonymous said...

Your volunteers are lovely.