Joining with Nancy's Random 5 Friday....
1. It has been a difficult week since my 93-year-old mother fell Monday night and broke both bones in her left leg. She has been hospitalized 20 miles from her home, but is doing well.
2. Foster care will be necessary for Mother's 8 to 12-week recovery period, when she cannot put any weight on the broken leg. (She is learning to navigate a wheelchair.) None of her 5 children has a home that is accessible to such a handicap; a small foster care home in my town is the choice, because there are daughters, granddaughters and great-granddaughters who will be available to visit "Grandma Annie." My task was to visit the facility and make a recommendation today; I had to contact all four of my siblings and tell them I couldn't make the decision alone. It was too difficult to imagine our mother in such a home. After all, she has lived in her home for 52 years, 32 years as a widow. One brother came to my aid.
3. I bought my first bunch of flowers since last spring....just for photography purposes. So it begins.
4. Because I've been doing a decent job of balancing photography and crafting for two blogs, I've decided to do some reading, for a change. "The Bronze Horseman" is calling me.
5. I cut all the plant foliage but the coneflowers and black-eyed Susans (DH says they still have some good color--but I say they are not for long!) and am ready to divide some peonies and plant poppy seeds. I even ordered some helenium roots after seeing some in a garden in town; a white clematis plant is also on its way to my address.