REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Close to Home

There are only so many places I drive for photographs...all relatively close to home.  On a foggy New Year's Day, I wanted some foggy photos, so I drove west just 3 miles to the foothills of the Blue Mountains.  (After that, I drove east and north to a big flat for a different kind of photo.)   The fog wasn't very impressive, but I took several photos, just in case....   This came the closest to the foggy image I wanted:  "layers" of trees and fog.   I worked in editing programs to emphasize the contrasts and keep that foggy background.  I'm sure these trees were planted by someone years ago, because they are spaced for healthy growth.


5 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Those tall Oregon trees are something to behold. The fog makes such a magic image.

Lisa Gordon said...

What a perfect quote you chose for this beautiful photograph, Evelyn!

Carole M. said...

and a delightful scene to photograph too Evelyn; best wishes...

Ida said...

Oh it's so pretty. I love it.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Beautiful!!