REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bright Zinnias with Texture

My best "green thumb" success this summer was the crop of Cut and Come Again zinnias...seeds planted in late spring (after the frost).  The colors are so vibrant!   I played around with my 50mm macro lens, trying to capture the color and texture of individual flowers.   For these two, I then added Pixel Dust Photo Art's "Drips of Rainbow" texture so it looks as if the flowers were photographed through rain-covered glass.





7 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

pretty

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Gorgeous pieces of photo art Evelyn! They would make beautiful greeting cards.

Anonymous said...

Lovely effect.

Ida said...

Super pretty. I like the rain texture.

Lisa Gordon said...

These are truly works of art, Evelyn.
I picture them enlarged and hanging on a wall for all to enjoy.

Beverly said...

Oh Evelyn, your zinnias are so beautiful!!! I love the soft texture you have used.

Also, congratulations on being a winner of Lisa Gordon's Perfect Effects 8!!!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Looks fabulous!!