REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, September 8, 2014

Project 52 2014 #36 and #37



It's been a long 10 days for me without a computer!  I decided to have a bigger and faster one built while my husband and I were on a week-long vacation.  Getting the new PC "in service" took awhile because of all the editing programs I had to re-install, passwords I had to look up so I could log in to the various sites.  Agonizing over Outlook---how in the world does this program make things easier for someone in an office?  In the back of my mind was my Project 52 for 2014....I'm posting two weeks of photos for Kent Weakley's Project 52 and Sweet Shot Tuesday.



Week Number 36  --This looks like a dogwood blossom....one of the few flowers remaining in the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden in Portland, Oregon --- a beautifully designed and landscaped garden 






Week Number 37 -- Tugs and barges on the Columbia River with majestic Mt. Hood in the background; this is a view from Kelley Point Park, where the Willamette and Columbia rivers merge in the northern part of Portland, Oregon. The northern bank of the Columbia is in the state of Washington.  

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

WOW!! That picture of Mt.Hood with the boats in front is stunning!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

that river shot is fantastic.

Too bad about the highlines, huh

Lisa Gordon said...

I do believe that is a dogwood flower, Evelyn. One of my very favorite flowers.

The second photograph, looks almost like a painting. Really wonderful.

I hope you had a fantastic vacation.

Molly said...

That is amazing scenery

Mollyxxx

Gail Dixon said...

The quote on the dogwood bloom is awesome. Love to read little nuggets of truth like that. I have yet to visit Mt. Hood, only seeing it from a far distance. Maybe next time...

Your photos and edits are lovely, as always!

Ida said...

The Dogwood bloom is very pretty but I must say I was stunned by the shot of Mt. Hood with all the boats/barges. That is such a different and unique view of the mountain.

Unknown said...

Your first capture is pure beauty and the second really show just how awesome Mount Hood is!! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Texture Twist!!