Where did the week go? I can say that, but it also seemed to last forever... it was one of those weeks absolutely full of things I HAD to do, which isn't nearly as much fun as the things I WANT to do! It's time for Nancy's Random 5 Friday.
1. I've become active on Instagram, with many of my posts relating to the still life photography course I'm taking this year. IG means photos need to be square, which doesn't work all the time. It did with this one, though.
2. I made one of my routine visits to the Eastern Oregon University campus, and was delighted to find the Star Magnolia tree blooming in the little enclosed memorial garden that's tucked in between two old buildings.
3. I spent most of my week working on the annual Chamber of Commerce awards banquet. I'm not a business person, but volunteered with this organization more than two years ago. We have a very small business community, and an even smaller active Chamber---primarily women who already have their plates full with jobs. As a retiree, I get to do fun things, such as get 60 folding chairs moved from the rodeo grounds to the community center and back after the banquet. The "after" job involved returning 9 large round tables that we had borrowed, too. Thank heavens for a small Metals class at the high school and a teacher who was willing to bring his 6 students in a small bus to do the heavy work.
4. My kitchen table looks like this because my paper crafting has been on hold for a couple of weeks. Good thing we don't ever use the table!
5. This is what I WANT to be doing--playing with a camera. I love working with still life, and decided to try some vibrant colors, for a change. Green and purple always look good together, I think!