REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, June 15, 2015

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday #24

ser·en·dip·i·tous
ˌserənˈdipədəs/
adjective
  1. occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way.


I love serendipitous images when I'm carrying my camera.  In fact, my favorite photographs are often the result of "chance."  My choice for Week 24 of Kent Weakley's P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday is the outcome of just such an occurrence.  I was strolling around a livestock show and stopped to visit the barn where the horses belonging to the show's rodeo royalty were kept.  After a few photos of the horses, I stopped at the door when I saw these boots lying under the edge of the court's horse trailer. They obviously belonged to either the queen or one of the three princesses.  They're beautiful boots...most likely expensive, and they show signs of work wear.  But they had evidently been switched out for the dressy "official"  boots.



  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this image.

CountryMum said...

I do so love this photo!