It's great to have Nancy of Rural Journal back in blogland! I'm joining her Random 5 Friday meme:
1. My 7-year-old great-niece stays with me each Friday because we have a 4-day school system. Her mama is vice-president of the regional university and her daddy works at a car dealership. She's also with me after school on Tuesdays.
2. I have two books started on Kindle and two "real" books started, with no plan to finish any of them.
3. Each day, I visit my flower garden spaces to see what's coming up...red stalks of peonies which won't bloom until late May or early June, new spring bulbs I planted last fall, bright daffodils, and buds of early tulips with leaves nipped by deer that visit during the night. ("Deer Out" spray becomes a weekly regimen now.)
4. Facebook and Instagram are my social media favorites; I follow several fabulous photographers on IG, marveling at their images.
5. I planted one (expensive) lilac this week. It's called "Sensation," and has purple flowers edged in white, so different from my old-fashioned varieties. I hope I live long enough to see it bloom! :-)