REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, February 25, 2019

Week #8 P52


This is the valley of my home for 43 years. It's called "Indian Valley," and is bordered on the south by the huge Grande Ronde Valley (in the background).  That mountain that sits on the border between the two valleys is called Mt. Harris, which is more than 5000 feet in elevation.  The lower elevation to the right of Mt. Harris is Pumpkin Ridge.

The only town in Indian Valley is Elgin, population 1750.  It is located at the left center below Mt. Harris. To the west and north are the Blue Mountains which are part of the Umatilla National Forest.  (I have photographed this scene other times in other seasons.)  

4 comments:

Bill said...

WOnderful shot--- I think the only thing that would bother me about living there would be how far it is to medical care. I never used to think about such things, but... I used to be younger. :)

Barb said...

Is this where you live now, Evelyn? It looks like a place I could love. My own area is getting overrun by tourists. However, we don't know where else we would like to call home.

Rosie Grey said...

What a view, Evelyn, breathtaking!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm like Bill... consider the distance to medical care. Our priorities do change. At one time I entertained a hermit fantasy. Not at all practical. So beautiful.