REDISCOVERING MYSELF THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Be Still #24 - Inspired by a Painting

Week 24 of Be Still_52 involves inspiration by a painting.   I must admit that the average Be Still participant probably doesn't have a bleached horse's skull lying around.  I don't, either, but I have an art major niece who left a bleached horse's skull and a horned cow skull at her parents' home when she moved to Los Angeles.  I'm a fan of much of Georgia O'Keeffe's work: skulls and flowers, especially.   I found the print on Art.com and was inspired to try it.  I fully intended to use a cow skull, never thinking that a horse skull was also available for my use.   

The photo is stark, so I've leaned naturally toward black and white.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful images.

Anne Payne said...

Those are creative images, Evelyn. B&W makes them quite dramatic.